What was the main problem:
Because of too much emphasis on the axes, the reader also wants to correlate the white circles with the axes, but only the top of the stem is tied to the axes, and not every fragment of it. It wasn't transparent.
I've redone the legend several times, rewrote the annotation to mitigate this effect.
The graphic part was also slightly modified.
The problem has not completely gone away, but now it is not so obvious, I hope.
In the descriptive text, I removed the abstruse, which was somewhat present in the first versions, in an attempt to describe all the data correctly and not to misinterpret the names of variables. I also live in the hope that I didn't make a mistake anywhere.
What else I think could have been improved:
- Axes, I'm not sure that the rating axes are clear.
- Blue/white circles. I didn't really like adding color just to delimit the data, and not for another parameter.
- Circles for dynamics.
- I realized too late about the data on the motorization of the population. It would enrich the picture.
It was difficult to work out different versions of the project, there were quite a lot of them. But in the end, I am happy with the work.
Thanks to those who patiently gave feedback on all my attempts. Especially, thanks to my mom.